FORUM IS CLOSED. PLEASE USE QUESTIONS / ANSWERS PAGE INSTEAD
Login  |  Forum  |  Search   

Board index » Development » Feature requests

Post subject: 2.x themes
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:19 pm 

the 1.x themes are not compatible with 2.x. Can there be an import facility for importing IP 1.x themes in 2.x?
Also, I think theme generating process needs to be simplified. ImpressPages seriously lacks a good collection of themes.
I continue to use Concerete5 because of a bit simpler approach to convert HTML themes to Concrete5 or Wordpress because of Atahualpa Theme template, or Headway Framework for themes, both have over 100 options to customize themes.
Perhaps, you can work with Artisteer and convince them to provide a facility to export Artisteer theme to ImpressPages, similar to they do for Wordpress, Drupal and Jomla etc (see http://www.artisteer.com). Themes are one of the draw back with ImpressPages, otherwise it is an excellent CMS.

Post subject: Re: 2.x themes
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:35 pm 
Project Manager

Thanks for a post. We know that we lack themes. We have plans to create customizable themes. We're going forward step by step towards that. Please be patient.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:43 pm 

Thanks for prompt reply. I will be patient. You guys are doing great job. ImpressPages is excellent CMS.

Can there be a brief write-up on what to change in 1.x themes to make them compatible with IP 2.x? The 1.x thems open as static themes with admin panel edit buttons to not visible.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:52 pm 
Project Manager

This question was already answered - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=647

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:21 pm 

Thanks. But that did not help. I get php error. What we need a proper migration guide for converting 1.x to 2.x themes.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:23 pm 
Project Manager

Once we finalize what we put to ImpressPages CMS 2.0, then we can provide a step by step article for the migration.

Nevertheless, if you get PHP errors they should tell you exactly were to fix it. Another option is just look how lt_pagan theme is created. Some elements are the same, some differ.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:36 pm 

Thanks, got it working. Beside Copying Header info from lt_pagan, and other changes you suggested. It is very important to have

<?php
$site->addJavascript(BASE_URL.THEME_DIR.THEME.'/site.js');
echo $site->generateJavascript();
?>
before </body> tag at the end of page. Once that is done, Widget and Edit buttons in Admin work.

I took a bunch of IP 1.x themes and migrate them to IP 2.x

Keep up the good work.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:07 pm 
Project Developer

Cool. Today I'm working on widgets documentation. Plan to write about templates tomorrow or on weekend.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:12 pm 

That will be great. However, if you need, I can send you a zip archive of IP 1.x themes converted to 2.x CR2. These themes are from your themes download area. It might be handy for others to use as examples.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:53 pm 

Hi

I have been looking at the possibilities to modify the lt_pagan template menus.

I had a java script drop down menu which my colleague integrated into ip_default template in IP 1x. and it worked fine

I tried to integrate the same java script drop down into lt_pagan (RC2_2) and whilst I got it to work in IP 1 X it seemed to make a mess of the menu management in RC2_1 and RC2_2. So as I don't know much about java script, I gave up with this java script menu.

Instead I integrated a pure css drop down menu from another cms I have used in the past - the code is GPL so I thought why not try it. It works and does not seem to interfere with the menu management or anything else. See screen shot below, (graphic still not perfect, but I am working on it ......... :D )

Attachment:
drop.png
drop.png [ 59.97 KiB | Viewed 2189 times ]

Now for my question/ request the side menu of lt_pagan seems to work differently to the old ip_default template (and in fact the cahndeso template that I tried, it seems that the code for the side menu in ip_default and cahndeso is the same).

If you look at the screenshot below all the menu items in the side menu are shown all of the time. Whereas in IP 1 x when you had sub pages in say the photos tab they were hidden until you clicked on the photos page then they appeared (accordion I think it is called.)

Attachment:
standard.png
standard.png [ 30.64 KiB | Viewed 2191 times ]

This is a problem for me, because when I get around to changing our current website over to IP we will have about 35 pages on the Polish language and it will increase to about 50 later (probably 10~15 pages on the English side). So I need a drop down and an accordion side menu.

I tried to integrate the side menu code from ip_default template, in fact the first screen shot above has the ip_default side menu code integrated into lt_pagan, it works but the sub pages are not shown. The sub pages are in the menu manage system but are not shown. From FireBug I see from the metrics section that box of the 2nd level items have minus width values (-25px x18px). Inspecting the same elements in Chrome gives the box sizes as (auto x auto.)

Any ideas why the ip_default side menu code does not work properly (wheres as my pure css drop down code works ok) ??

Or will the lt_pagan template side menu be updated to accordion ???

Any help appreciated.

Alan

Board index » Development » Feature requests